Information on visa applications
All participants of CANS 2009 should be very careful about visa requirements and should make travel plan in advance enough. Visitors are fully responsible for acquiring all documents needed for entering Japan.
Japan provides waiver of visa requirements with more than 60 countries and regions. Please refer to the recent status on the visa waiver program from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA).
If you need a visa for attendance, you should prepare all required documents according to the visa information page by MOFA. If you have any questions, please contact diplomatic establishments of Japan in your residential area.
We will issue an invitation letter for a registered attendee of CANS2009 upon request. If you need an invitation letter for visa application, please contact email@example.com by email. We will respond with a detailed procedure for invitation letter request. Please make sure to make a registration for CANS 2009 before the request.
- Visa application to MOFA may take a long time. Please do it well before the deadline!
- We will normally respond to the first request in a few days.
- After receiving all required information, we will normally handle your requests in 1 or 2 weeks and the letter will be sent by a postal mail.
- We do not issue any form of “a letter of guarantee.”
- We hold rights to request any additional information and/or to decline your application for invitation letters.
According to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Independent Administrative Agencies and others of Japan, the information submitted to AIST in this page will be kept secret and used only for processing the invitation letter requests. In some cases, AIST will share those information with a part of organizing committee members concerned for resolving issues (e.g. checking registration status and paper acceptance etc.). We will not use any information received for other purposes, except those required by laws and rules of Japan.