Updating Quantum Cryptography 2008
¢£Dates Monday, December 1st, 2008 -- Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008
Akihabara Convention Hall
Akihabara Daibiru 2F, 1-18-13 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (to be confirmed)
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (to be confirmed)
¢£Number of Participants¡¡up to 100 people
Targeted not only for the key users of quantum cryptography technologies, but also for the future usrers/clients of QC technologies.
Provide a forum for related-research scientists (physics, cryptography, optical communication, network, etc.) to update each other on the current status and future perspective of quantum cryptography technologies, and share issues, including interactive the following discussion:
- Introduction of issues discussed at optical network from researchers of optical communication/network
- Security in the eyes of researchers of optical communication/network
- Performance requirement for a system
- Report on the current status of the standardization of existent cryptography from researchers of cryptography
- Considering safety problems in cryptographic technologies
- What is standardization in cryptographic technologies? / Standardization activities of existent cryptographic technologies
¢£Invited Speakers (in alphabetic order)
- C.Furlani (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- P.Grangier (CNRS), to be confirmed
- K.Imafuku (AIST)
- K.Kitayama (Secure Photonic Network Committee Chair, Osaka Univ)
- G.Lenhart (European Telecommunications Standards Institute, ETSI)
- N.Lutkenhaus (U. Waterloo, Canadian project QuantumWorks)
- T.Matsumoto (Yokohama National University)
- W.J. Munro (Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, Bristol)
- T.Nishioka (Mitsubishi Electric)
- M.Peev (Austrian Res Cntr) (or T. Laenger (Austrian Res Cntr))
- M.Sasaki (NICT)
- Y.Sata (Toshiba Cambridge)
- A.Tokura (NTT)
- A.Tomita (NEC)
¢£Registration Fee 1,000 yen
Please pay at the registration desk on the first day of the conference.
We accept payment in Japanese Yen (JPY) only.
¢£Contact & Registration¡§ (spam prevention: replace [at] by @ in the e-mail.)
- Contact Information
- Registration Form
- Please send the filled registration form by e-mail.
¢£Program¡§A preliminary program will be available soon.