Cryptology for Lightweight Devices
As cryptology for lightweight devices, we are studying designe, cryptanalyses and implementation of lightweight crypto-primitives. This project is partially supported by JST-DST Strategic Cooperative Program. The project page is here.
- Hajime Watanabe
- Kazukuni Kobara
- Miodrag Mihaljevic
- Manabu Hagiwara
- Yang Cui
- M. Mihaljevic and H. Imai, "An approach for stream ciphers design based on joint computing over random and secret data", Computing, vol. 85, no. 1-2, pp. 153-168, June 2009. (DOI: 10.1007/s00607-009-0035-x)
- M. Mihaljevic, "A Framework for Stream Ciphers Based on Pseudorandomness, Randomness and Error-Correcting Coding", in "Enhancing Cryptographic Primitives with Techniques from Error Correcting Codes", Editors: B. Preneel, S. Dodunekov, V. Rijmen and S. Nikova, Vol. 23 in the NATO Science for Peace and Security Series - D: Information and Communication Security, pp. 117-139, Publisher: IOS Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2009. (ISSN: 1874-6268; ISBN: 978-1-60750-002-5)
- H. Imai and M. Hagiwara, "Error-correcting codes and cryptography", Applicable Algebra in Engineering Communications and Computing, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 213-228, June, 2008.06
- M. Mihaljevic, "Decimation Based Correlation and Algebraic Attacks and Design of Boolean Functions", in Boolean Functions in Cryptology and Information Security, Editors: B. Preneel and O. A. Logachev, Vol. 18 in the NATO Science for Peace and Security Series - D: Information and Communication Security, pp. 183-199, Publisher: IOS Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2008. DOI:10.3233/978-1-58603-878-6-183 (ISSN: 1874-6268; ISBN 978-1-58603-878-6)
- Y. Cui, K. Kobara, K. Matsuura, H. Imai "Lightweight Privacy-Preserving Authentication Protocols Secure against Active Attack in An Asymmetric Way", IEICE Trans. E91-D, No.5, pp.1457-1465, 2008.5
- K. Kobara and H. Imai "IVs to Skip for Immunizing WEP against FMS Attack," IEICE Trans. E91-B(1), pp.218-228, 2008.1 (copyright (c) 2008 IEICE) (Note: to remove weak IVs using the second output bytes, skip IV+IV=-13 to 12, IV+IV+IV=-12 to 12, 2(IV+IV)+IV=-2 to 12 and 2IV+IV+IV=0 to 15.)
- M. P.C. Fossorier, K. Kobara, H. Imai, "Modeling Bit Flipping Decoding Based on Non Orthogonal Check Sums with Application to Iterative Decoding Attack of McEliece Crypto-System,¡ÉIEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 402-411, 2007.1
- M. Mihaljevic, M. Fossorier and H. Imai, "Security Evaluation of Certain Broadcast Encryption Schemes Employing a Generalized Time-Memory-Data Trade-Off", IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 988-990, Dec. 2007.
- M. Fossorier, M. Mihaljevic and H. Imai, "Modeling Block Encoding Approaches for Fast Correlation Attack", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 4728-4737, Dec. 2007.
- M. Mihaljevic, M. Fossorier and H. Imai, "Birthday Paradox Based Security Analysis of Certain Broadcast Encryption Schemes", IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. E90-A, no. 6, pp. 1248-1251, June 2007.
- K. Kobara and H. Imai "Invited Talk: Personalized-Public-Key Cryptosystems (P2KC) - An Application where Public Key Size of the Niederreiter PKC can be Reduced," Workshop on Codes and Lattices in Cryptography (CLC2006), pp. 61--68, 2006.09.
- M.P.C. Fossorier, M. Mihaljevic, H. Imai, Y. Cui and K. Matsuura, "An Algorithm for Solving the LPN Problem and its Application to Security Evaluation of the HB Protocols for RFID Authentication", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4329, pp. 48-62, Dec. 2006.
- M. Mihaljevic, M. Fossorier and H. Imai, "Security Weaknesses of Certain Broadcast Encryption Schemes", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3919, pp. 228-245, July 2006.
- M. Mihaljevic, M. Fossorier and H. Imai, "A Novel Broadcast Encryption Based on Time-Bound Cryptographic Keys", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3919, pp. 258-276, July 2006.
- K. Kobara, H. Imai, "Key-Dependent Weak IVs and Weak Keys in WEP -- How to Trace Conditions Back to Their Patterns --," IEICE Trans. E89-A(8), pp.2198-2206, 2006.8 (copyright (c) 2006 IEICE)
- K. Kobara, "Invited Talk: Code-Based Public-Key Cryptosystems And Their Applications" ICITS 2009, 2009.12