3.6.13+draft07 (revision 1231) release note
MutualTestFox is an experimental web browser based on the development versions of Mozilla Firefox. It is not suitable for casual Web browsing, and it may contain bugs and unimplemented features, caused either by our modification or by the original experimental-stage implementation. We do not guarantee that any security/bug fixes are available in future.
This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors as is and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. By using this software, users are assumed to be accepting the above condition.
We recommend to use MutualTestFox only for evaluating the proposed HTTP Mutual authentication protocol: for any other purposes, we recommend to use other Web browsers such as Mofilla Firefox.
- This browser is based on the source code of Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13.
- The binary distribution of the MutualTestFox does not use jemalloc library which is introduced in the original Firefox. This may cause different behaviors.
- The software implements a fundamental part of the draft-07 revision of the protocol.
- This implementation is intended to work independently from the original FireFox: the profiles and other data is stored separately. However, if any problems are caused, please try to fix by yourself, e.g., by re-install the FireFox.
- The installer associates .htm files with this browser, which may cause the icon changes and other side-effects. If needed, please update the associations.
- This implementation has a different default setting for search engines. Please reset it as you like, if needed.
- This browser does not have automatic updates: please check for updates manually and periodically.
- Add-ons which are designed for Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 should work.
- In some countries, there is a third-party patent claim related to elliptic curve cryptography, which may or may not affect this product. For this reason, algorithms involves elliptic-curve cryptography are disabled by default.
By setting a specific (hidden) preference property, you can enable these features: however, this feature is only intended for technical evaluation by people who can legally use these technologies (such as patent license holders or people in the country where the local law allows technical evaluation of patented technologies without licenses).
- By enabling this feature, you are assumed to be understanding that you, and only you, are fully responsible for the use of these technologies: Any copyright holders and contributers will not warrant any risks involved, nor the validity/invalidity of these patent claims.
See the change-log page.